- Participants must be willing to comply with the general rules and regulations set out by event organisers and staff at all times.
- The platform being used by the organizer is Zoom. TDFUK advises all participants to download and run the latest version of Zoom on their device(s) prior to the Festival kick-off event.
TDFUK advises participants to use a device with a good quality camera that is fixed and steady. Participants should also consider setting up their microphone settings so that your taps can be heard whilst unmuted.
- TDFUK advises participants to Zoom in from a space that has a strong internet connection, is quiet and distraction free to allow for optimal engagement / performance. TDFUK are not responsible for individuals poor internet connection.
- Participants will be admitted to the Zoom room upto 5 minutes prior to the published start time of ALL classes, workshops and events. This allows staff and faculty to start the class at the published time without disruption. Lateness to classes, workshops and events is not advised. Late participants may forfeit their place in the class, workshop, event if they fail to comply with the published entry and start timings. In this circumstance, no refund will be offered.
- Participants MUST identify themselves by entering the registered name in the Zoom ID. This allows festival organizers and faculty to easily identify participants. Entry and viewing may be compromised without proper ID.
- TDFUK recommends participants wearing tap shoes on a wood sprung floor / board. We TDFUK acknowledges that everyone’s set up might be different. Participants should give careful consideration to the shoes they are wearing and the surface that they are tapping on prior to the start of the festival. They participate at their own risk.
- Participants should wear suitable clothing for the activities that aim to be respectful to others participants joining from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Participants should be respectful when communicating with event organizers, faculty and other event participants at all times.
- Participants may request to change their class / workshop level. This will be done in consultation with the participant at a time that is mutually convenient. Any changes will be permitted at the organizers discretion.
- Participants with a medical condition should seek advice from a medical practitioner prior to commencing in any class or workshop related to this event.
- Breaks have been scheduled to allow for participants to take care of their personal needs and take a break from continuous screen time. Each participant should make use of those breaks and include time for rest and re-fuel.
In the unforeseen circumstance that the event organizer cancels the event, all participants will be notified at least 48 hours prior to the start of the event. In this instance a full-refund will be issued on registration, classes and workshops. Refunds will take place within one month of the event start date.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above information that has been provided, please do not hesitate to reach out with your enquiry to: email@example.com.
At point of registration you will be asked to sign the following waiver:
ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EVENT.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including participation in this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Tap Dance Festival UK and/or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, and the activity holders, sponsors, and volunteers;
(B) INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
I acknowledge that Tap Dance Festival UK and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf.
I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property damage. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, condition of participants, condition of participants equipment / physical surroundings, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, faculty, staff, volunteers and/or organizers of the activity. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for faculty, staff, volunteers, organizers.
I hereby consent to access medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity.
I understand while participating in this activity, I may be filmed or photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns. The organizers can remove any promotional images at a later date upon the request of the participant.
The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.